Evento: Extraordinary measures in the field of Company Law in response to the COVID-19 crisis – Seminario BMKE por Lena Heß
Fecha : 28.08.2020
Lugar : Bufete Maña-Krier-Elvira, Barcelona, España
On the 17th of March the Royal Legislative Decree 8/2020 on Urgent Extraordinary Measures to Address the Economic and Social Impact of COVID-19 including the following measures was issued:
- the possibility of holding general meetings by means of telematic media
- the extension of the deadline for the preparation of the financial statements by the management bodies of limited companies
- and a series of measures to restrict foreign (non-EU) investment in Spain.
Finally, the Royal Legislative Decree 8/2020 introduced two exceptional company law measures of rather minor importance:
- During the state of alarm, the shareholders of corporations cannot exercise their right to resign.
- If the statutory duration of the Company ends during the state of alarm, the Company shall be dissolved only two months after the end of the state of alarm.